Jimmy cleaned out the car, went grocery shopping for muffins, cups, sandwich stuff and travel food, loaded up the water, stroller and cooler, then woke us all up at 7, loaded the boys in the car and took us to the Cody Parade. We saw plenty of horses, including the only mounted marine color guard in the country. We saw an old farm tractor, which Jim told me he could get me a ride in - it belongs to his high school shop teacher. We had fun and walked around the park to see some of the booths. By then Jim's legs were hurting and it was a good thing we left because we were both having trouble staying awake on the way home. We did manage to get some pictures of the kids riding the great albino buffalo - as my dad calls it - first. We took turns sleeping and driving, and when we stopped at a rest area I laid down on the grass and just dozed for a moment. After that Jimmy surprised me by taking over driving - he had been snoring pretty good, but I guess he saw me struggling. The next day he was too exhausted for church and then yesterday (Monday) he went and had his knee drained at Dr. Weaver's office. Tonight it was still too sore to go for a walk with us. I'm glad for the fun we had and the sacrifices he made though.




5 comments:
sounds like fun!
Sounds like fun!
Wow! Somebody learned how to spell their name! :-)
good name writing skills there! lol. That white buffalo should be in Tooele, its their mascot. :)
sweetie, you're slacking. I hope things are going good and I love and miss you! Post something new!
Post a Comment