Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Story



So tonight, as usual, Xhaiden and Xacari had trouble going to bed. I put Xac down in his dad's spot, which is his favorite place to sleep, and told him under no condition was he to get up. Xhaiden, who was in my arms and knew he was headed to his room, asked to sleep with Xac. I told him no, as this is usually a recipe for trouble. I put him in bed, he wailed for 10 minutes, I got him up and watched TV. Then Jim came downstairs and said "Xac, why are you up?" Yeah, Xac is an expert. He knows when he can sweetly sneak in and join in the post-kid bedtime festivities. We let him stay up a while longer until he started throwing a fit about something and I told him promptly that he should go to bed or he would have to sleep in his own. He went, and I sat down with Xhaiden. Soon Xhaiden was throwing a fit, and I put him down off my lap and told him to go to bed. He started running in that direction. Now every mother knows this is a good and exceptional thing. So I quickly told him "lay down with Xacari", after which he said "Xac!" and kept running. He went upstairs and contrary to what I thought would happen, soon everything was quiet. After a while we went upstairs to check and they were both completely out, heads together, but what was even cuter was that a little while after that I went up and Xhaiden had snuggled up against Xacari. I was supposed to be moving Xac to his own bed, but I couldn't bear to and told Jimmy he could have my side of the bed. I want to get those kids their own queen size bed. Anyhow, Jimmy took the pictures, I photoshopped them, enjoy.

2 comments:

Scooby and Jon said...

Fer Cute!

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

that is too cute! Don't kids look so much sweeter when they are sleeping!

Where are my visitors from?