Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Xac is potty trained.

He did it. I really don't think I did very much, but Xac has figured out how to use the toilet. Our only challenge now is that he is very nervous about messes. I have taught him too well, perhaps, that poop is yucky and we should not touch it. Which is true, but you still have to wipe, unless you have a bidet that you can carry around with you everywhere... So what we save in diapers we are almost making up for in toilet paper, but I think it is worth it. Don't you?

6 comments:

Spring said...

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRAYYYYYYY! That is just awesome! I feel like in the end, it's all them and not me anyway. And it sounds like he's actually wiping himself, which I have discovered is not the norm for some kids. I'm still grossed out if I'm watching a "potty trained" kid and they yell from the toilet that they need me to wipe them - why did we switch from diapers then? anyway, I digress. Congrats, what an awesome accomplishment for Xac!

sunnytosh said...

Yeah, I am definitely not letting that slide. I know it makes me uncomfortable to wipe other people's kids. There's always that small chance that someone will think I am touching a child inappropriately. I know that 99% of the time people will understand it is strictly a sanitary thing, but in today's society I still try to avoid that risk. It's a good excuse to make the parent do it. ;)

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

Hooray Xac! Way to go! I hate wiping poop! Did you know that there are wet wipes that are flushable? They are much better than tp!

sunnytosh said...

Yes, thanks! Even with those Xac is still insisting that I wipe for him, and as my parenting strategy is changing daily, sometimes I find I am letting it slide, but others he does it for himself. We'll get him there though. ;) Thanks for the suggestion!

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Hooray! Bum wiping duty goes much too long. Sometimes Tuck wants to do it himself, but he just does not do a great job. I LOVE flushable wipes though, they just work better for cleaning messes, I use them myself sometimes (TMI? lol). And I too, get very nervous wiping a child's bottom that does not belong to me (the bottom or the child ha ha!)

Mel said...

Way to go Xac! Potty training is such a long process. We are still dealing with certain aspects in our youngest girl. It is different for everyone.

Where are my visitors from?