Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

President uses prime time address to make case for $700 billion bailout

I am impressed by what President Bush is doing. Here he is at the end of a tough presidency working hard (I'd say harder than ever but I honestly have never known his itinerary) to make sure Americans are okay. You can see the concern in his eyes and I don't think it comes from worrying about his own bank account or how he looks to Americans. I think he clearly sees a major recession and he is trying to keep Americans from heading off an economic cliff. I was struck with the thought that it has been a while since I prayed for my President. I am determined that I will also pray for the next president, even if by some decision it ends up being the wrong man.

44 But I say unto you, Love your benemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

1 comment:

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

Sunny - I had that same thought about praying for the president and I watched him!

Where are my visitors from?