Blogger Layouts

Saturday, June 21, 2008

A hair-curling good time.

My dear friend Rachel asked me the other day how I got my hair to curl when I was in drill team. I am bored so I thought I would post this on my blog and bore the rest of you also so you can empathize.

The first thing to do is to damage the hair enough so it will curl. The best way to do this is to get a perm. Even if the perm doesn't hold, it will damage the hair enough to help.

For ringlets you want a small barreled curling iron. Use very small strands of hair. If you want very rigid curls, I recommend using a styling glue with a little bit of water to wet the strand. I like Ice Spiker by Joico. It is made for men and it is great. It is also useful for gluing loose strands into a ponytail, and I wish I had this in high school. Look for it at hair salons.

It is best to curl hair in a dry environment.

When winding hair on the barrel, wind it so there is no space in between. Gravity is going to pull your hair down into a spiral, you just need to get the curl in.

Be careful getting the hair off the rod. Open the curling iron as little as possible and try to get the curl off without disrupting it.

Sometimes I hold the curl up to support it while it cools so that it does not lose its shape.

Do not comb through the curls.

No comments:

Where are my visitors from?