Meanwhile Xhaiden has been a lot of fun, one of his favorite things to do is to try to dress himself. All clothes and blankets, he thinks, are meant to go over his head. Yesterday his pants were still attached to one leg and he was sitting on the floor bent over trying to get them over his head. It was so funny to see him bent over like that, but he had his pants off his leg before I could snap a picture.
Our last bit of news is that Xac is learning his letters. He still has trouble talking, but this helps me to ascertain which letters he is having trouble pronouncing. Someone recommended the Letter Factory DVDs, which are great. Xac sits and watches cartoons and learns his letters all at once. He can't recite the alphabet, but he can point to a letter on my shirt and say the appropriate sound. The video is really clever, as they teach each letter how to say their sound. For example, a big monster comes in and scares all the A's so they scream Aaaa! So cute.
Meanwhile it's got Xac practicing since he gets lots of positive attention for saying the names of the letters and/or their sounds. So far here are the sounds he has down:
ABCDEF H K MNOP RSTUVW
He definitely recognizes these letters:
ABCDEF H MMNOPRSTU



2 comments:
Sunny, I know you've had this blog for a while and I also know you've posted comments on my blog...I am embarrassed to admit I just found it again when Scooby posted a comment. I have to blame it on my mommy brain! So yes, I do post comments when my brain doesn't have a cramp in it... you'll be hearing from me more often now.
lol
Post a Comment