I have a theory here that if you want to know what the local kindergarten is doing you can check today's newspaper... Well they're not in there today, but keep looking because you might just catch Xac someday in the news. Today it was 5th graders:
http://www.wyodaily.com/index.htm
In any case, we are very excited for Xac. He has a great teacher, Ms. Wise, and the first week was teddy bear week so he came home every day with some sort of teddy bear propaganda. He now has a teddy bear hat, mask binoculars and so on.
A little more about Ms. Wise, she is darling. It is her first year teaching kindergarten, I am told, and she has a PhD in speech pathology - perfect for Xac who is already talking more after just one week in her class. That may be more due to hearing other students, but in any case it's a great thing. Last and most important, she sent home a poem for the parents saying how she will love our children like her own, and from the brief moment I spent meeting her I could tell that she really does. As we talked I noticed her patting his head, and she just has a nice manner.
Xac is doing great. Jim told him we would get a rocket if he counts to 100 and he is almost there. We're definitely not worried about academics for this child!
Xhaiden will start preschool on the 7th. Jim and I discovered that it creates a nice hole in our schedule so we can go work out together. I am a little worried about leaving him alone, but like nursery, I think he will learn to love it.
One more thing on Xac: our sister in law works at the kindergarten as a paraeducator. She is great. She said Xac comes to find her (after asking his teacher to go to the bathroom) to tell her he needs to go potty. He passes the bathroom on his way and knows exactly how to get to it. He cracks me up. She also had to text us to ask whether he is right or left handed.
He is excited to go to school, I don't think I have seen any child so excited about kindergarten. He even got punched in the lunch line and he is still excited and happy to go.
Halloween and Autumn
7 years ago



1 comment:
What a great name for a teacher! lol. Glad that Xac is loving school!
Post a Comment