Blogger Layouts

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Today we fed the missionaries, and tonight I took the boys for a walk in the jogging stroller. We walked through the neighborhood above our apartments and watched the residents there start off their fireworks. I kept turning the stroller this way and that to give my boys the best view of the show. They loved it. Xac cried a little, and I'm still not sure why, but Xhaiden was calm the entire time. When we came back and I got the boys to bed, Jim and I watched a movie. Meanwhile we could feel the rumble in our chairs as $15,000 worth of fireworks came to a finale. I asked Jim how we get invited to that party and he says we just go, so next year...

Xhaiden is very shy about the missionaries. I told them to come in and then went upstairs. Just a moment later I heard him screaming and came running down going 'oh no, Xhaiden!' They said he just laid his head down on the floor and started wailing. His poor face was red, he was not that upset earlier today when he fell of the stair and got a big goose egg right on his forehead. He is cute.

Xac is really coming along with learning to talk, and he is much better about having his diaper changed now, which gives me hope that someday he will be interested in toilet training. While Xhaiden napped earlier this evening we went for a run at the high school. Xac ran halfway around the track by the time I ran one lap. I was quite impressed. He decided to run across the grass to catch up and he fell 1/4 of the way across. He was crying and I had to go get him, but he was fine and we finished going around the track. He did not want to run anymore but when I mentioned we might go home he started jogging. Even after all that running up and down the bleachers and on the track, Xac was reluctant to go home. Even as tired as he was it took the walk in the stroller and the fireworks to wear him out enough to put him to bed. He is an early riser.

Jim is excited to finally have an engine in his Porsche - no folks, it isn't running yet, but things are coming along and once we sell a whole bunch more parts - see our auctions on eBay - he should have enough money to put it together completely.

No comments:

Where are my visitors from?