With the new trend to 'go green' and gas prices the way they are, I think it's got a lot of us pondering how to save all of our resources, including that precious green money. I came up with some and even found a website where there are lots of tips:
http://www.thedailygreen.com/going-green/tips/5135
This particular article talks about going in to order food rather than using the drive thru. Ok, that is a great idea if you don't mind that last time I went in to Arby's to order food to go, it took me half an hour - I am not kidding - to emerge with my bag of sandwiches and greasy fries. My solution is to turn off the engine while I am ordering and waiting for my food.
Here are a few more of my green ideas:
Save time in the shower - exfoliate before you get in. (OK, this is extreme, but I'm thinking, right?)
Shower with your spouse.
Take cold showers. I have heard this is better for your skin, circulation, and I read somewhere that swiss women do it because hot water makes things sag. Suddenly that hot tub doesn't sound so fun.
Bathe the kids less often. They don't mind.
Keep yourself out of the hospital. Let's face it, once you get in there, no one is considering what your treatment does for the environment. They are considering how to get you out in the quickest way possible, but meanwhile they are using all sorts of plastics and paper products to keep you safe. So the better you take care of yourself, well, the better!
Turn off the AC. This is a hard one. No one thinks "I love to sweat", but it is actually good for you body to 'learn' how to regulate its own temperature. I read it somewhere once. Combined with cold showers it could be alright. This would be hard to do at work.
Potty train your infant. Babies who are less than 6 months are, according to people in other countries who have been doing this for centuries, relatively easy to train. My issues with it are that a) we have only one toilet b)Xhaiden is heavy c)we were dealing with an ostomy when he was born d)night-time?
Okay, what are your suggestions?
Halloween and Autumn
7 years ago



1 comment:
Those are some great ideas, you are thinking!
I can definitely bathe the kids less, well, actually, I already bathe them less, any less, and well, they might not ever bathe. :)
Post a Comment