Jim had his fifth and last surgery, finally. For all those who don't know he had a series of abdominal and intestinal surgeries in May, and late last week he got reconnected and his ab muscles were sewn back together. His friend and surgeon, Dr. Weaver, says he is cautiously optimistic, which is medical terminology for "we're doing great!" Either way the big smile on his face when he talks about Jim's health is a welcome giveaway, as is the fact that Jim is back to solid foods without any trouble for one whole day now. Jim is very private about his health so I hope I haven't given too much away. If so I will have to delete this in a few days and hope no one saw it, which is likely since no one really looks at my blog - or do they? In any case, it is a great step and I am proud of him for going through with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment